Thursday, October 23, 2008

Early Bird?

For those of you who know me, it doesn't come as much of a surprise when I say that I am not a fan of mornings. My body works on a clock that doesn't want to start until 10:00am and wraps up around 12:30-1:00am. However, life doesn't really care what my body's clock wants. It wants me to get up and moving at 6:45am and continue to go until 10:30pm at which time I am required to shut down.

I've adjusted somewhat over the years, but never been totally thrilled about it.

The thing is, I am now trying to fit a workout into my mornings. This isn't as easy as it should be. My mornings are booked solid from 6:45 - 8:00am. So the 8:00 time should be working, right? Wrong. Yesterday, my workout partner, and lap-band buddy - Shiela, had a meeting bright and early. So we went at 5:45am. A-M! Today, the air conditioning repair man is coming to my house sometime between 8:30 and 9:00am. So again, we worked out at 5:45am.

Yep, me the habitual morning Grinch has been up 2 days in a row to e-x-e-r-c-i-s-e. No, I don't feel good about it. No, I don't feel more energized or organized or whatever. I just feel tired. I can hardly keep my eyes from closing as I sit at this computer. Man, I need a nap!

The only benefit of getting up and moving in the middle of the night (it is still night at 5:45am - it's DARK. Dark = Night) is the fact that at that hour I totally weigh less. Now if I could only remember to weigh myself...

No comments: