Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Merry Christmas To Me

Well, we're home from visiting family for the holidays and believe it or not - I've got FANTASTIC NEWS!

Despite all the goodies - I am down to 247.4! Woo Hoo! Gotta LOVE the Lap-band!!!

I admit to eating more than I should. I admit to eating some (extremely) high calorie snacks when I wasn't hungry. I had made the goal to NOT GAIN over the holidays. I had succumbed to the fact that I wouldn't lose, I just didn't want to gain.

BUT... I did lose! I lost weight through it all!

I tried to make some conscious choices to benefit my weight loss throughout the week. I made chocolate covered popcorn instead of chocolate covered truffles. I made easy peanut butter fudge (crunchy peanut butter, white chocolate and milk chocolate) instead of those yummy peanut butter balls (peanut butter, pounds of powdered sugar & butter and then dipped in chocolate). Santa brought more dark chocolate than anything else (I don't love dark chocolate and everyone else does) - Thanks Santa!

I had a protein drink everyday for breakfast to be sure I got in all the 'good stuff' that I needed to Joyfully carryout my Christmas duties.

I made it. I did it. I am home and back on the wagon... whew! I love Christmas - but most of all, I love that I can STILL love Christmas, even with the lap-band!

No comments: