Thursday, January 8, 2009

So, I heard a little rumor the other day...

I heard that if you begin working out, and you are not typically accustomed to doing so, your body holds on to all of those calories because it thinks you will be needing them to sustain you during that increased usage. Therefore you do not lose weight. So,(here's the catch) if you work out for a couple of weeks then take a week off you will drop that weight because your body realises that it doesn't need to hang on to those calories anymore.

Really? I guess there is some (maybe) merit to that. My body has followed that pattern. The entire time I am working out, I am remaining the same, aka plateauing. When I take a break for a little bit, aka Christmas in Utah, I drop significantly.

Weird. Where's Snopes.com when you need them?

No comments: