Monday, November 24, 2008

A long time 'a-comin!

I haven't posted in 4-ever. Because I hadn't lost any weight in 4-ever! Agonizing! :(
Let me catch you up...

I made the decision to head to Snowflake and get a fill from my lap-band buddy's older brother who is a nurse and has been trained on how to do fills. He does about 10 people in the area, including his wife and (now) both of his sisters. Easy right? Well, not so much. See I am a passer-outer. I ALWAYS pass out when I get a shot or have blood drawn. Needless to say, I had my reservations. But I really thought that because the fill was going into my band and not my body that I would be fine. I think that sensation of the foreign substance mixing with my bloodstream, triggers my -lets call it - "lack of awareness..."

But I have to say - IT WAS EASY! EASY, EASY, EASY!!! I barely felt the needle and it was over in an instant. Shiela had a little harder time because her port was tilted (which is normal) and he had to "find" the center of it. Which means that when he stuck the needle in, he hit the outer metal ring and then had to move the needle (without removing it) around until he hit the 'fleshy' center part - ewwww... Thank goodness for small miracles - like hardly tilted ports!

It has been a success. I am now losing weight on a daily basis. It did take a good 5-6 days post fill for the weight loss to kick in. But it is back on track. I am re-learning how to eat (slow and small) but I love it! I feel full again. I don't crave snacks again. I am down again! What in the heck was I waiting for???

No comments: